Friday, November 5, 2010

Change is great!

While I was married, I kept my home in a way that appealed to my Husband. I kept the "Girly" out. But, after the divorce, things changed! I had the home for sale, but allowed myself to let the colorful me out. Here are some before and after shots.
Living Room before. It was sooooooo plain and not colorful! This is how it looked while it was on the market.



Living room AFTER the divorce and I took the house off the market. Loooooove color! The pictures above the Fireplace are collections my children have done over the years.




Master Bedroom before. It was actually painted before this. I can't remember the name of the color...just think, dark brownish green pea soup. UGH!

I took out the big chair, and replaced it with this bench I had at my store. I loved it! It fit perfect here. The view was incredible and this bench made a great spot to sit and enjoy it! The little table to the right has a hand painted flower on it. The company that mad the table and the Bench, is Decorize.

Master Bedroom after. I added a rug from Pine Cone Hill and two nightstands with color! One Orange and one Yellow. The Gerber daisy print was never in our home. I brought that to color up the wall when the house was for sale, and decided to keep it to play off the nightstands. The red flower lighting on the back of the headboard was left after Christmas. I did finally take those down! I just love Christmas lighting! The sunflower picture on the right Nightstand, was painted by my daughter. She is an amazing artist! Maybe someday she will let me post some of her Artworks!

Just another look from the other side.

Not a favorite pic with the light, but it gives a bigger view of the whole thing. As you can tell, I am always changing the bed coverings!

Family Room. Can you say...Ewwww?? My X insisted we didn't spend the money on a nice area rug. So we got this indoor/outdoor thing. It would have been great OUTSIDE, but the texture for indoors? Bad BAD bad!

Family room after. I DID add a rug! You can't see them very well in this photo, but my big pot of Sunflowers is just behind the side table. More color!!!!!!

And a few favorites from my store again!!!

Here is where that indoor/outdoor rug went. OUTDOORS! There is a small pond just off the porch on the right. At night, I lit my candles and relaxed with my coffee and fish!


Well........if I new how to fix this I would. Looked fine when I downloaded it! Anyway....if you turn your head, you can see this outdoor room in the day time! Sorry!!!


2 comments:

  1. Love all the before's especially the living room!!!!!! That pink table with the flower on it! Yeah I want that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Holly! The Flower tables are a favorite of mine too! Wish I was artistic enough to make my own. Thanks for the great comment!

    ReplyDelete