Monday, November 1, 2010

Express Your Home

 This was my Store. Express Your Home. Just a few sample shots of some of the rooms we had. I love rooms with Themes. I beleive no matter what your taste, your rooms in your home, should reflect the things and places you love.
The "Coffee Room"
This was where our Customers could sit down, enjoy some free coffee and visit. It was really neat to watch women sit and visit with friends here! The Tiki bar that sits to the right inside the room, served as our Coffee bar. That piece, although not for sale, was a hit for the Men that came in.

Our Candles.
Our most popular were the Pacifica brand. I highly recommend trying them. When this picture was taken, we were just getting the Christmas out and ready to decorate.

The "Country" room
If you liked Chickens and anything Country, this is where you found it. I loved the green Island in the center. Rustic! The rug on the floor....it ended up coming home with me when we closed. And the Chicken Rug just off to the left rolled and standing upright...it is now laying in my Kitchen. I loved it, so when it was one of the pieces left at the end of our closing, I couldn't help myself!

My Favorite
Pine Cone Hill bedding and Rugs. My other favorite, Chandeliers! I had them in every room possible in that Store.
I believe the right Chandelier can add so much to room. These were all available in plug ins. No wiring needed!!
The pink table was just an old table I found made of Oak. It needed some help. So my daughter and I painted it this Salmon Pink so we could use it for a table to sit down and show our Catalogs to our customers. It worked great with the colorful wicker chairs.

Mattresses!
We did carry a few, choice ones. I preferred the more Natural "Organic" choices.

The "Cabin" room
I love the Cabin and Lodge look. This was a popular place for our customers. For the walls we simply took some thin sheets of lumber....making sure to get knot holes and imperfections, then stained them with a light stain, cut into strips about 12" each and hung them. We did the same for our "Lodge" room. There we stained them a deep dark stain and hung them vertically. It created a Lodge feel that was another favorite hangout for our Customers.

Tiles
We sold these babies nonstop. They are Ceramic Tiles. Great for Gifts or yourself.
You can hang them, use them for trivets or as coasters. Anything! The colors were amazing, and the Art work stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment